2012年11月3日星期六

A friend's father

I have a friend whose father died a couple of years ago (D3 Gold). At the time, he lived in a different state on a large parcel of land nearby the oldest son in the family. Well, she and her other brother were furious that all they ended up with was the cat. And I said to her to consider the stress involved with taking their brother to court. Was it really that much money to fight over? They never had any of the money to begin with so it was not losing something they already had.

Apparently, the father would probably have insisted his children divide things up fairly and may have done so in a will but the oldest son just basically took everything. The mother of the children who had long since divorced and remarried lives closer to the younger siblings. She was upset with her oldest son and I maintained to just let it all go. It was not worth the pain caused and would only result in more anger and hurt feelings. It was blood money. The son would know he was being unfair and the cost to him was losing what he had left of family since none of them would continue to talk to him (Diablo iii Gold).

Well, my friend considered my advice and to my surprise took it. Whenever she sees me, she says it was the best advice she ever received because it also gave her permission to no longer listen to her oldest brother whine about anything. She feels free. She also says her mother has stopped bringing it up too.

On a more personal level, I think it is sad that each generation in my family will have less than the generation before it. My grandparents worked very hard and left something to their children. My parents have managed to give me financial gifts over the years and I did help my children get through college. But there is no more money left as far as inheritances. My kids will get a stack of bills that since their name is not on any of them, they will not have liability for them. And if I died tomorrow, they would inherit a property that no longer has any equity and an 8 year old car. 

没有评论:

发表评论